Conditions of Entry
The following conditions of entry and use apply to your visit to the Adelaide Aquatic Centre (AAC).
1. An acceptable standard of behaviour is expected of patrons at all times. The AAC staff reserve the right to refuse entry or remove any person not respecting our rules and conditions of entry.
2. If you breach these conditions, we may require you to immediately leave the Centre. If we ask you to leave the Centre then you will immediately, on our request, leave. We may also ban you from the Centre for a period of time. We reserve the right to call law enforcement agencies if necessary.
3. Any persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted into the Centre, and no drugs or alcohol are to be brought into the venue.
4. Commercial fast foods are not permitted in the Centre.
5. AAC is a “Smoke Free” venue. The entire venue as well as undercover areas outside and within 7 metres of entrances to the Centre are “Smoke Free”.
6. AAC is a Family Friendly venue and any abusive, disruptive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated.
7. Anyone attempting to gain entry without paying, or without authorisation will be evicted and banned from the Centre. We reserve the right to call law enforcement agencies if necessary.
8. There are signs with warnings, rules and instructions placed around the Centre. You and any children under your guidance must comply with the warning, rules and instructions on the signs and follow any directions given to you by AAC staff.
9. You must take reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of any dependents in your care. AAC staff will follow our procedures in the event of any accident or incident. If this requires us to call for medical assistance, including an ambulance, you will be responsible for all associated costs.
10. AAC supports the WATCH AROUND WATER program and follows their guidelines:
- a. Children under 10 years are not allowed entry unless under active supervision of a person 16 years or older
- b. Parents or guardians should actively supervise their children at all times. As such, they should be dressed ready for action, including unexpected entry to a pool
- c. For children 0–5 years a parent or guardian is in the water at all times, within arm’s reach of the child. It is best if you are engaging with your child e.g. playing with them, talking to them, touching them
- d. For children 6–10 years a parent should be close enough to make eye contact with the child and be constantly watching them.
11. Clean and appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times while swimming (no street wear, t-shirts, shirts, jeans, underwear etc.)
12. Management welcomes the capturing of your magic moments on cameras and video cameras, however, the privacy of others must be respected. The use of cameras and video cameras at this venue is conditional upon the following:
- a. You must have all relevant individuals consent to take and use images
- b. It is illegal to broadcast or publish images without consent
- c. Under no circumstances are cameras, video cameras and mobile phones to be used in the change rooms.
13. There are risks that arise from the facilities, your use of the facilities, your participation in any program and your presence at the Centre. You enter the Centre at your own risk. Subject to any rights you may have under law, we and any of our officers, employees and contractors accept no liability of whatever description for any loss, injury or death which may occur at the Centre. To the full extent permitted by law, you release and discharge us from all liabilities and claims arising out of your use of the AAC facilities.
14. You are responsible for all your items of a personal nature that you bring into the Centre and, to the extent permitted by law, AAC and City of Adelaide accept no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of personal belongings.
15. For the purposes of patron and staff safety, AAC uses CCTV and alarm security surveillance systems. We reserve the right to use these images for security purposes related to the Centre, and as such, you may be monitored or captured on CCTV footage.
16. We reserve the right to authorise AAC staff or other representatives, agents or contractors to take photographs and videos of patrons from time to time, including you or any minors in your care or under your supervision, for marketing or promotional purposes without prior notice to you, payment to you or express consent from you. By entering and using the facilities you are deemed to consent to such photos or video footage being taken, unless you inform our staff members otherwise.
17. Children under the age of 10 are not permitted within the Centre without appropriate adult supervision:
- a. Parents/guardians should actively supervise their child/children while within the Centre
- b. If the parent or guardian is participating in an organised activity within the Centre, the child/children must be supervised by another appropriate adult.