How do I enrol?
Complete the enquiry form on our Swim School page, and our staff will be in contact over the next 72 hours to secure your spot in a swim school class. Alternatively, speak to one of our staff members while at the Centre.
The centre is open:
Public Holidays: 9am–5:00pm
What are the benefits of the Swim School Program?
- Small Classes – Guaranteed one-on-one time with your child.
- Convenience – For both classes and assessments, seven days a week.
- Temperature-controlled Pools – Year-round comfort. Warm in winter, cool in summer.
- Qualified Teachers – Who understand the needs of children of all ages.
- Free Pool Access – For students at any time, and for mum and dad while class is on.
- Family Friendly Spaces – Family change areas and creche child minding services on site
- Free introductory assessment.
- Convenient, fortnightly direct debits.
- Lessons for up to 45 weeks of the year.
- You can enrol or cancel at any time.
- Suspension periods available for illness and holidays.
When will the Swim School Program start?
You can enrol at any time throughout the year.
How much does it cost?
Lessons are charged at $21.50 per week; $43 per fortnight via direct debit.
Is there an upfront payment option?
All Swim School enrolments are via direct debit allowing you ultimate flexibility for payments with no large upfront payments at inconvenient times necessary.
Do we get a break from lessons?
Our Swim School now operates 45 weeks per year with allowances for the following times.
- No lessons during December / January School holiday period.
- No lessons from Thursday prior to Easter until Wednesday after Easter.
- No lessons on Public Holidays.
As with any new skill, learning to swim is a continual process, not an event. Like learning to walk, read or write, being able to swim independently takes time, patience and requires ongoing practice. Swimming and participating in Swim School lessons all year round promotes faster development by allowing greater exibility and continuity for every student.
Will I be charged during no lesson periods?
No, you will not be charged for periods that lessons are not conducted. However, if your account is up to date at this time you can still access our facilities free of charge.
What if I can’t make it to a lesson?
If you are unable to attend a lesson, you will be offered a Missed Lesson Pass.
This pass allows the Learn to Swim member, family or friends to utilise the facility for free within three (3) months of the missed lesson, on any day of the week. Passes will become void after this time. Each pass is valued at the same rate of your weekly fee.
Will my lesson time change throughout the year?
Depending on student progression and class availability, class times may vary throughout the year. There are a variety of days and times available for each level and our friendly staff will aim to provide the most continuity we can.
Will there still be a holiday program?
Yes. We will be running our intensive holiday program over the summer break. Speak to our Swim School staff for more information about our holiday programs.
How do I find my class?
We have several pools at the Centre and it's a big place! If you need direction on arrival, our friendly Customer Service staff can help you out.
What about special health issues?
All information regarding your child’s medical concerns should be detailed upon enrolment. If you have any individual concerns, please consult the Swim School team direct.
When is it time to progress to the next level?
Our qualifed Swim School instructors and supervisor monitor student progression in every class. Each level has certain skills and requirements that must be completed to be ready to progress to the next level. Our Swim School team will keep you informed as to when it is time to move up, and our Customer Service staff can advise of other class availabilities and times.
What are the levels?
- Floating on front with/without assistance
- Kicking with a kickboard on front and back
- Independent propulsion through water using arms and legs
- Safe entries
- Relaxed floats on back and front without aids
- Freestyle with bilateral breathing and backstroke
- Signaling for help
- Freestyle and backstroke continuously for 20 metres with correct technique
- Survival backstroke kick
- Submerged swimming
- Freestyle and backstroke continuously for 50 metres with correct technique
- Breaststroke kick with correct technique for 25 metres
- Introduction to tumble turns
- Survival backstroke
- Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and dolphin kick
- Introducing the use of flippers for stroke development
- Deep water confidence
- Sculling, sidestroke and step in entry
Where can I go to find out more information about the Swim School Program?
Information will be available in the Centre displayed on our notice boards, or you can also speak to one of our friendly staff in the Centre or on 8203 7665.
What if I need to cancel or suspend my Swim School enrolment?
If you are only going to need to take a week or two break, complete and return the suspension form. If you need to cancel your enrolment, we will be sorry to see you leave, however you can fill out and return a cancellation form. To process either of these requests we simply require your form with 7 days notice prior to the date you wish the suspension or cancellation to come in to effect.